Modern technology device must support multi-tasking function and because of that job sometime computer RAM doesn’t enough or need to optimize the RAM. One solution to optimize RAM is using virtual memory from hard drive. Virtual memory is a hard drive area that system operation uses as if it were RAM. For comprehensive overview about virtual memory you can read it from Wikipedia and I hope you understand the functions of virtual memory.
Modern system operations usually adopt this technology and Windows 7 automatically create virtual memory same size with real RAM. As advice for better performance you need to increase it to 1.5 x real RAM and usually if you run multi tasking job by opening many application maybe you will find some signs of low memory. One solution for preventing of low memory is increase virtual memory so as Windows 7 user I will provide you how to increase virtual memory in Windows 7 that will useful to enhance computer performance. Here is step by step how to increase it:
1. Click Start, search Computer and right click on it and click Properties
2. Click Advanced system settings and it will open System properties on Advanced tab
3. Look at Performance area and click Setting and it will open Performance Options windows
4. Click Advanced tab and look at Virtual Memory area and click Change
5. Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
6. Choose what drive you want to put your virtual memory
7. Click Custom size
8. Fill the size form with 1.5 x real RAM
9. Click Set and Ok
10. Restart your computer
Try to do multi-tasking job on your computer and I think you will find better performance of your computer. Enjoy it.