Every time you plug your flash disk or external hard drive by default windows pops-up will appear to asks you what to do with the files in your drive. For some people this event is really annoying and if you feel the same thing you need to disable autorun in your computer. Another consideration thing to disable autorun is because it can be used by many malware to invade your computer.
If you are Windows 7 user, you can follow this tutorial to get comfort from autorun event and to prevent from malware. Here is step by step how to disable autorun in Windows 7:
1. Click start and type policy in the search box and click “Edit group policy” from Control Panel group or another option you can press start + r and type gpedit and hit enter
2. It will open Local Group Policy Editor for you
3. Dig into Local Group Policy – Administrative Templates – Windows Components – AutoPlay Policies
4. Double click Turn off Autoplay at right window
5. It will open Turn off Autoplay window for you
6. Click enable radio
7. At the options windows you can disable autorun for all drives or just for CD-ROM and removable device
8. Click Apply and then Ok
Prove it by plug in your flash drive. Now you shouldn’t view windows autorun pops-up. Enjoy it!