My friend recently upgrades his Windows XP to Windows 7 and he doesn’t familiar with it. One of Windows XP features that he likes is quick launch and he misses it in Windows 7. Actually Windows still use this feature but it is not show by default so I try to tell him how to add it to Windows 7 but I tell him that I think Windows has a better features such pin this program to task bar and show desktop bar with aero peek preview as alternative to show desktop icon in quick launch toolbar.
But before get familiar with Windows 7 features maybe many users still prefer to use quick launch toolbar. Windows 7 provides a feature to add anything to its toolbar and user can add address bar, links, desktop, tablet pc input panel or folder. How to add quick launch to Windows 7 is using toolbar feature to add folder so before creating it you must know what Windows 7 quick launch folder. To find it just browse from windows explorer to: %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and you will find some shortcut on there. For easy way here I will provide step by step how to add quick launch to Windows 7:
1. Right click on Windows 7 toolbar
2. Dig Toolbars and click New toolbar
3. Browse to quick launch folder or just paste: %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch in folder form
4. Click Select Folder
5. Automatically it will create quick launch toolbar at right position
6. Next you can drag it to left beside start button with your mouse
7. Right click on quick launch toolbar and uncheck show text and show title
8. Right click on quick launch toolbar and dig view and click Large icon
You will have quick launch toolbar in your Windows 7 that identically same with Windows XP or Vista toolbar and to remove it just right click on Windows 7 toolbar and uncheck quick launch. Enjoy it!